BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, January 21, 2011

OUR FIRST TEEN CONTRIBUTOR

Here is our first Teen Contributor entry! Have something to say? Look at the bottom of this post for details on how you can be featured on Girls in the Hall and win a Barnes and Noble E-Gift Card.

 _____________________________________________________________
MIRROR, WHO ARE YOU?
A poem and photo by Lee, 18, Florida  

I look in the shining glass with white covering these empty walls.
All I want is to be loved by myself and the ones around me
Like these walls I have scars and bruises I can never get rid of:
Love can be a very good thing
sometimes walls cover candy pink and apple red
Then again Love can be a damp thing
covering the walls of gloomy blue and coal black
At times I feel like re-painting these walls
to make them what I feel is happening 
Then the tears start running down my face
and the sunshine fades to a thunder storm
It’s hard to pick the pieces up after a long day of crying
As I talk to my friends and family
the storm suddenly ends and possibilities come my way
So mirror on the wall I look at you in awe wondering 
where you are taking my life when will you finally show!
_____________________________________________________________

Do you have an original...
Short story? 
Poem?
Essay?
Photograph?
Book/Film/TV review?
Recipe?
Editorial?

Send it to us at girlsinthehallblog@gmail.com for a chance to be published on Girls in the Hall and win a Barnes and Noble E-Gift Card. You could be next!










No comments: