BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, February 5, 2012

GOOD TO BE... BACK

As the days passed, then the weeks, and then (wow) the months, I have thought in stolen whispers of time about Girls in the Hall and how I very much needed to make time to continue writing on here. I debated with myself how much I should share, and then realized that if I had already bared my soul to you, I should continue to be utterly honest and open. If didn't continue on the path of openness, then what would have been the reason for starting Girls in the Hall in the first place?

It is 1am. I haven't slept--I mean, really slept, like a good night's rest that leads you into the Saturday afternoon sun--in ages. Not because I am sick, not because I am an insomniac, but because I gave birth to the world's youngest member girl in the hall two months ago. I don't usually talk about my age or where I am in my life on here, but this is important.

I started Girls in the Hall to empower all of us. For those girls in high school and those who still feel like they are in the perpetual universe that is a type of high school, we need a place where we can just BE. At least, I do. When I look at my baby girl, I see the enormous feeling of hope--a life filled with possibilities where everything is new. I think about the first time she will drive a car, what her first heartbreak will be, where and if she will go to college. I wonder what she will dream of becoming and what she will become. I look in her eyes and think all of us girls in the hall started here. We each started with a cry for our moms, and our moms cried for our grandmothers. We are a piece of the cycle of amazing girlness. We all have to learn how to grow up sometime.

I wonder if my girl will read this blog some day, or maybe even take it over in her teenage years. Or maybe she will think I am silly? Who knows. All I can think now, as I write this to you all in a secret moment while she sleeps happily next to me and the computer screen glows on both our faces, is that it is good to be back.

No comments: