BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

THE FIRST DAY

When people ask me where I am from, which happens a lot with my muddled accent from living a lot of places, what I really want to say is: "I’m from everywhere and nowhere, all at the same time. I haven’t really been anywhere long enough to call home."

My current tally is fifteen places in six different states, which I think makes me pretty qualified in the world of feeling different. Over the years, as I have talked to people about my experiences at so many schools, I found that not just girls who have been new could relate, but also those who have ever felt like an outsider. After talking with friends and scouring the internet, I realized that we need an online community for those who get what it is like to feel different in high school. This blog was born.

As I type this inaugural entry, the start to the community that I have wanted to begin for so long, I feel like I am having another of my many first days of school. My stomach flip flops at the potential of reaching all of you and making cool friends all over the country, but also at the fear that you won't listen to me and I will blend into the halls, like at so many schools. I have been the book nerd, the cheerleader, the drama freak and the over-achiever, and now just want to be me.

Please join me on here. Whether you have topics you want discussed, questions, advice or stories about what is going on with you in high school, I want to hear it! We get it, and you. Message me and let's get started! xo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always thought you were cool. I remember when you performed for the morning announcements. You did a method piece as a witch. A lot of people laughed at you, I admired your dedication to something you love. I am still looking for that kind of dedication and decisiveness in my life. I don't know if I will ever find it.